No trip to historic Adairsville is complete without a stop at the 1902 Stock Exchange. Located on the Adairsville Public Square in the heart of the historic district, the 1902 Stock Exchange exemplifies Southern charm and hospitality.
The grand building with ornate woodwork and pressed metal ornaments was constructed in 1902 by N.C. Anderson. It served the area as an upscale mercantile, selling clothing, dry goods and more. After falling in disrepair, it was restored to its original grandeur in the early 1990s and opened as the 1902 Stock Exchange in 1994.
The bottom floor of the 1902 Stock Exchange houses Maggie Mae’s Tea Room and an assortment of antiques, reproductions, used and rare books, home accessories, specialty gifts and more. Upstairs is the Public Square Opera House, which hosts dinner theater performances throughout the year. The space is also available for rental for special events.